Spatial Transformations Experiment
What are the requirements for participation?
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old (inclusive).
- You must have normal or corrected-to-normal vision.
- You must be able to walk without impairment.
- You must arrive promptly at your scheduled time. If you are more than ten minutes late, we may have to reschedule the study for a different day or time.
Where is the study?
Studies take place in the Social and Behavioral Science Building (Beh S), in either room 917 or room 1030. For both rooms, turn left as you exit the elevators. You will be notified for which room to go to when the date and time of your study is confirmed.
If you have a University parking permit, you can park in the lot immediately to the south of Beh S. If you do not have a permit, there are several parking meters in the lot southeast of the building and a large visitor pay lot to the northwest of Beh S (next to the Marriott Library). Parking validation is available. (Visitor Parking)
How long does the study take?
The study usually takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
What is the compensation for participation?
You will be paid $10 for participation up to an hour and $2.50 for each additional 15 minutes.
What should I bring/wear to the study?
- Wear your corrective lenses if you need them for normal vision.
- Wear footwear that is comfortable for walking. Sandals are OK if they are well secured to your feet and do not fall off easily.
How do I schedule a time to do the study?
Use the on-line calendar below to find when studies are being conducted, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with times that you are available. Make sure you gives us a phone number where you can be reached, and indicate whether you would prefer a response from us by email or phone. We will reply back to you to confirm the date/time of the study or we will offer other suggestions for some times when we are free. Note that some times listed on the calendar may already be filled, and the more alternatives you gives us the more likely it is that we can schedule you in.
- Applied Cognition Lab
- Applied Visual Attention Lab
- Behavior Centered Safety Lab (BCSL)
- CAN Lab
- ConVExA Lab
- Developmental Adaptations, Stress, and Health (DASH) Collaborative
- Executive Lab
- Fred Rhodewalt Social Psychology Winter Conference
- Hidden Talents Lab
- Health Cognition Lab
- Jon's Dynamical Systems Lab
- Language and Memory Aging (LaMA) Lab
- Life-Span Development and Adaptation Lab (Adapt Lab)
- National Center For Veterans Studies
- Research Network on Adaptations to Childhood Stress
- Restoration And Stress (REST) Laboratory
- Risk To Resilience Lab
- Social Development Lab
- Spatial Cognition And Navigation Project
- Spatial Transformations Experiment
- Statistical Consulting
- Systems 'N Coffee
- Type 1 Diabetes ADAPT Project
- Treatment Mechanisms, Community Empowerment, & Technology Innovations Lab
- University of Utah Usability Lab
- Visual Perception And Spatial Cognition Lab