Behavior Centered Safety Lab (BCSL)
Our lab supports students pursuing the Human Factors Certificate, senior thesis projects, and those who are interested in gaining research lab experience.
We have three ongoing research projects examining human interaction with autonomous vehicles. We are looking at how cognitive workload, distractions, and physiological measures affect quantitative and qualitative reactions.
A current research study uses a controlled laboratory paradigm to determine the underlying factors that contribute to lack of handwashing adherence in health care settings.
Commuter Safety on Campus
This study aims to address the dangerous interactions between bikers and pedestrians around campus. We are identifying problem areas and will use an applied human factors approach remedy conflicts. Results of this study will be presented to the University's campus safety to potentially increase the safety of commuters.
We are evaluating how people perceive sizes of objects in digital images based on different rotations in space. We are interested in determining if using a body as a frame of reference increases accuracy in discrimination of size.
- Applied Cognition Lab
- Applied Visual Attention Lab
- Behavior Centered Safety Lab (BCSL)
- CAN Lab
- ConVExA Lab
- Developmental Adaptations, Stress, and Health (DASH) Collaborative
- Executive Lab
- Fred Rhodewalt Social Psychology Winter Conference
- HEART Lab
- Health Cognition Lab
- Hidden Talents Lab
- Jon's Dynamical Systems Lab
- Language and Memory Aging (LaMA) Lab
- Life-Span Development and Adaptation Lab (Adapt Lab)
- Research Network on Adaptations to Childhood Stress
- Restoration And Stress (REST) Laboratory
- Risk To Resilience Lab
- Social Development Lab
- Spatial Cognition And Navigation Project
- Spatial Transformations Experiment
- Statistical Consulting
- Systems 'N Coffee
- Type 1 Diabetes ADAPT Project
- Treatment Mechanisms, Community Empowerment, & Technology Innovations Lab
- University of Utah Usability Lab
- Visual Perception And Spatial Cognition Lab