Undergraduate Psychology Department Scholarships
Psychology applications now use the same online application as all other scholarships in the College of Social and Behavioral Science. You need only complete one application to be considered for all college and department scholarships for which you are eligible.
Applications open on 1 October 2017 and you may apply until 1 February 2018.
Remember: You will need two letters of recommendation. One must be from an academic. All recommendations must be signed and on letterhead.
Note: You will reach a section in the scholarship application when you will be asked to input the email addresses of the two individuals providing letters of recommendation. These individuals will automatically receive an email informing them that you have requested a letter of recommendation. Once they have written their letter, they must enter them into the system.
We encourage students to fill out the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA).
Undergraduate Psychology Scholarships Currently Offered:
SCHOLARSHIP NAME: Tuition waiver – PSYCHOLOGY
Available to: Undergraduate students in Psychology
- Student must plan on taking 12 credits or more in both the Fall and Spring semesters of 2018-2019
- Be a Utah Resident
- Be a first time Bachelor's Degree student
- Have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the University of Utah.
- Be officially declared as a Psychology Major.
Amount of Award: $5,000
Additional Information: This scholarship does not cover any mandatory fees (lab, class, ASUU fees, etc.).
SCHOLARSHIP NAME: THE DANIELLE VACCA SCHOLARSHIP
Available to: Undergraduate and graduate students in Psychology
Selection Criteria: The award is given to a student who has experienced loss at the hands of a drunk or impaired driver. The award is made from applications to the Department of Psychology that include a personal essay on the impact of drunk driving on the applicant.
Amount of Award: Typically $4,000.
Number of Awards: Typically one.
About: The Danielle Vacca scholarship was established in 2013 by Danielle Vacca's father, Joe Vacca, and her grandmother, Sina Vacca, to honor Danielle Vacca. Danielle was a University of Utah student killed in an auto accident by a drunk and impaired driver. Psychology has had the honor of awarding this scholarship since Fall, 2015. The Danielle Vacca scholarship provides $2,000 per semester for two semesters to juniors or seniors majoring in Psychology whose lives have been affected by a drunk and impaired driver. Qualified candidates must carry a minimum GPA of 2.8, maintain full-time enrollment during the scholarship period, and verify U.S. citizenship or legal resident status. In exceptional cases and with sponsor approval, the award can be split between two candidates. The applications are due at the same time as the Departmental and CSBS scholarship applications, in the spring term of each year.
Danielle Vacca Image Gallery
Click on a thumbnail image to see larger view.
Please Note: The following scholarship(s) have a separate scholarship application process. These cannot be applied for via the department application.
Scholarship Name: Future Counselors of America Scholarship
Available to: Undergraduate and graduate students in Psychology who seek a career in relationship counseling or a related field.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
- 500-word (minimum) to 900-word (maximum) word essay entitled, "The Psychology of Online Dating." The essay should address the psychological issues and challenges facing singles given the growing popularity of online dating, and how relationship professionals can help online daters navigate these challenges. See more details at: http://www.datingadvice.com/scholarship
Amount of Award: $1,000
Entries postmarked by: June 30th, annually
Disbursement on: July 31st, annually
- Please title your essay “The Psychology of Online Dating”
- List your full name as recognized by your educational institution and a valid (.edu) email address
- Essay should be 12 point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins
- Any resources should be cited using MLA format
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify student from award disbursement
Mail official transcript and original essay to:
c/o Digital Brands Inc.
15 SE 1st Ave, Suite B
Gainesville, FL 32601
More Financial Resources
- Undergraduate Psychology Service & Internship (UPSI) Award
- The Undergraduate Psychology Service & Internship (UPSI) Award allows undergraduate psychology students who might otherwise be unable to engage in unpaid internships to pursue opportunities for meaningful professional and career development and community engagement. Certain criteria must be met in order to qualify.
- Hinckley Institute of Politics Scholarships
- College of Social and Behavioral Science Scholarships
- University of Utah Scholarships
- University of Utah Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- University of Utah Honors Scholarships
- University of Utah Alumni Association Scholarships
- University of Utah Women's Club Scholarships
- University of Utah Career Services Resources
- Outside Financial Aid Resources